Friday, September 14, 2007

A HORSE NAMED DORIS ADDENDUM

Some additional information has emerged on the activities of the Holzworth clan during the dam building segment of the early years in and around Glendive. I cannot improve on the story as reported, so what you see is what I got from Pat:

I remember one Spring or Fall in Whitlock Crossing (SD?), probably stands out for me because Terry & V were school age and had to stay home with Grandma so I was an only child for a month or so. We lived in the longer blue trailer with silver roof.





Ken, Doris and Judy lived in one like in this photo, if not this very trailer.

I almost put "Dad always wore that hat" on this photo, but like you wasn't sure because of build - but it is the kind he wore until well past when other men gave up wearing the 'Dick Tracy' hat. This guy is slightly slouched and leaning, so could very well be Dad.



Seems the Leonards were there, too, but I'm not sure - a boy (I think Niles) and I found a dead snake near a well and skinned it out. Mom about had a heart attack, since the poison can still be lethal if we had open sores or 'scratched' ourselves on the fangs. One of the crew had killed it and tossed it - he thought - where it wouldn't bother anyone.

No comments: